Your Military discharge record DD214 should be recorded with the Register of Deeds Office immediately upon discharge to ensure safe keeping and easy access in the future if a copy is required.  There is no charge to file your DD214 nor to receive copies.  To request a copy, please contact the Register of Deeds office.  The required paperwork can be found here.

Open Records Act:  Effective July 1, 2014, the Kansas Open Records Act exempts Military Discharge (DD214) Records.  Access to such records is now restricted to the discharged individual, his/her descendants or agents.

If you have lost your DD214 and have not recorded it with the Register of Deeds Office, please visit this website to request your personal document.